Welcome to the City of Big Lake Election Page!
Voting is an important right and responsibility for qualified U.S citizens. Voting gives you a chance to choose leaders and representatives who will make decisions on issues that are important to you.
Here’s how you can make a difference in the election process:
- Play a role in choosing our leaders and changing our laws by exercising your right to vote
- Learn about the candidates and issues before you vote
- Learn what’s going on in your country and community
- Contact public officials about issues that are important to you
2020 Election Dates
Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. for the following elections:
- Tuesday, January 14, 2020: Special Primary Election for State Representative District 30A
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020: Special General Election for State Representative District 30A
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020: Presidential Nomination Primary
- Tuesday, August 11, 2020: Primary Election
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020: General Election
Where to Vote in the City of Big Lake
There are three precincts for Big Lake residents. Locate your polling place by downloading the precinct map (PDF).
Voter Registration Information
Voter registration information is available on the Minnesota Secretary of State's Website. Voters may register to vote on election at their designated Precinct. Proof of residency options are available from: https://www.sos.state.mn.us/elections-voting/register-to-vote/register-on-election-day/.
All absentee voting is done at the Sherburne County Government Center Auditor / Treasurer's Office located at:
13880 Business Center Drive
Elk River, MN 55309
Apply to vote by absentee at: https://www.sos.state.mn.us/elections-voting/other-ways-to-vote/.
Voters may visit MNVotes to find helpful online voter tools and resources including:
- Absentee ballot applications
- Absentee ballot look-up
- Online voter registration application
- Polling place finder
- Precinct caucus finder
- Sample ballot viewer
- Voter registration status look-up
Information is also available on the Minnesota Secretary of State's Website.