Special Events Permit Application

A Special Event Permit is required to hold certain events within the City of Big Lake that receive services or resources from the City of Big Lake. Descriptions of events and services, and application details are provided below. Contact the Recreation and Communication Coordinator with questions regarding the application process. 

Click here to view the Special Event Permit Application.

Special Event refers to any concert, parade, fair, show, festival, carnival, rally, party, filming of movie, video or television show, motorcade, run, fishing, swimming, or other lake activities, street dance, bike-a-thon, race, walk or athletic event or other attended entertainment or celebration that is to be held in whole or in part upon publicly owned property or public right-of-way, or, if held wholly upon private property and will require the use of special services.

Special Services are the exclusive allocation of City resources, including, but not limited to, City personnel, equipment, right-of-way, property or facilities for use in conjunction with a specific event or activity, as requested by the host or sponsor of the event, or as requested by or on behalf of any person attending the event, or deemed necessary by City staff in order to maintain public safety. Special Services include, but not be limited to, any of the following: 

  • Street closures requiring police officers to stop or reroute traffic 
  • Special police protection
  • Stationary emergency vehicles at or in the immediate vicinity of the event
  • Exclusive use of City streets as a staging area or for event parking
  • Additional street cleaning and garbage removal
  • Special signage such as temporary no parking signs
  • Use of City buildings, equipment or other property for any purpose other than the normal daily operations of the City